As the year winds down, we wanted to take a moment to ensure you keep some key dates in mind and reflect on the accomplishments of the last year.
Some of the key achievements in the last year include:
- The club has set an annual membership record, and on top of that we have had 84 day members
- Had 1500+ sign-ins via the QR codes which would have been even more if it weren’t for lockdown. It’s great to see the club getting so much use.
- Secured new trial property at Scarsdale (trial cancelled due to lockdown…there is always next year!)
- Record attendance at working bee…it’s great to see so many active volunteers amongst the club
- Repainted the club rooms
- Installed new lighting in the club room
- Installed new furniture in the club rooms
- Club room clear out
- Continued ground works, with more planned (waiting on soil)
- Drainage and flooding issues appear to be resolved with the works on the adjacent hill complete and grass growing in
- Finalised last year’s summer series which was a roaring success
- Got ~20 people competing in trials for the very first time
- Ran Glenmaggie, and two winter series rounds
- Added flexibility to opening hours…Early start on some Thursdays, Melb Cup public holiday, Tuesdays via arrangement.
- Ran a well received training day (more to follow next year)
- Navigated the various government COVID mandates and lockdowns
- Navigated the loss of MV dual affiliation
- In response to member feedback we have created a dedicated club WhatsApp group
We look forward to another big year at OMCC and there are plenty of plans to further improve the club, and club grounds, update the kitchen, as well as a simpler membership renewal process and sign on procedure (less fields, remove the need for your AMA expiry date etc). We also aim to continue offering opening hours flexibility however this is also subject to supervisor availability so if you are able to help be a grounds supervisor more details are below on how to get involved.
AGM 12th Dec
As per the clubs calendar we will be having our annual general meeting, BBQ and presentation day on Sunday 12th December. There will be a BBQ lunch and the AGM at 1pm.Continue reading “Year end wrap up, Key dates inc. AGM & call for volunteers”